Para recursos e información de la comunidad únicamente en español, haga clic aquí.
The Town of Carbondale has established the Carbondale Emergency Task Force (CETF), a collective group of volunteer and organizational expertise from across the community that will provide support and guidance to the town in key areas of the potential impact from the COVID-19 global pandemic public health crisis. In the coming weeks, many residents may need help due to sickness, self-isolation, school closures or financial difficulties. We’re working with local nonprofits and directing volunteers to address any needs.
As a public service, we’ve compiled this list of community resources. We are in this situation together and will help each other through this crisis. We are Carbondale Strong.
(Note: Organizations are very busy at this time. If no one answers your phone call, please leave only one message, and wait for a call back.)
Food & Grocery Assistance
- SPECIAL SHOPPING HOURS Carbondale City Market offers special shopping hours for seniors and at-risk individuals, 6-8 am on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. Whole Foods in El Jebel does the same 7-8 am daily.
- GROCERY DELIVERY The Source delivers orders from Whole Foods, Mana Foods and Natural Grocers for a fee. www.thesource.delivery.
- RESTAURANT DELIVERY Most local restaurants take phone orders for curbside pickup, and some deliver in town. Visit the Carbondale Chamber website for an updated list of open businesses at www.carbondale.com/covid-19-update.
- FREE MEAL DELIVERY Valley Meals and More offers free volunteer delivery of groceries and takeout meals for seniors and others in need. firstname.lastname@example.org, (970) 404-1193.
- FREE LUNCH SERVICE Garfield Senior Lunch Program delivers to Carbondale on Wednesdays. Call (970) 665-0041 by noon on Monday to reserve a meal; pick up is 12-12:30 pm behind Carbondale City Hall.
- PREPACKAGED FOOD BAGS Lift-UP’s food pantry at the Third Street Center is distributing prepacked food bags in a “drive-through” format, Mondays at 2 pm. Demand is heavy so get there early and please follow instructions for entering the line. www.liftup.org.
Deliveries & Errands
- FREE DELIVERIES Valley Meals and More – seniors may email email@example.com or call their hotline at (970) 404-1193 to request free delivery of prescriptions, food and other necessities.
- DELIVERY HELP & HOTLINE The Carbondale Rec Center is operating a hotline during the pandemic, offering help with deliveries and other needs. (970) 510-1292. In the midvalley area, call the Corona Helpline at (970) 230-1974.
- COURIER SERVICE OSM Delivery is a paid courier service. (970) 379-1810, www.osmdelivery.com.
Mental Health & Emotional Support
- GARFIELD COUNTY has created a handy list of local COVID-19 mental health resources.
- SUPPORT HOTLINE Mind Springs Health has launched a mental health support line, Monday- Friday 8 am-5 pm. www.mindspringshealth.org, (877) 519-7505.
- CRISIS HOTLINE The Hope Center has a 24- hour crisis hotline. www.ourhopecenter.org, (970) 925-5858.
- CARE CALLS Valley Meals and More volunteers do “care calls” to check on seniors and those isolated at home. You can call them at (970) 274-2632.
- WELLNESS CHECKS The Carbondale Police Department does wellness checks – call their non-emergency line, (970) 963-2662.
- UNEMPLOYMENT Colorado Department of Labor and Employment – if you’ve been laid off from your job, file for unemployment benefits at www.colorado.gov/cdle.
- ECONOMIC ASSISTANCE Garfield County COVID Economic Assistance can help with food, housing, utility and expenses, and can advise on enrolling in other government programs. (970) 945-9191, www.garfield-county.com. The Salvation Army offers support for rent and utilities, (855) 768-7977.
- UNDOCUMENTED WORKERS You may safely contact the following organizations for emergency assistance: Valley Settlement, (970) 963-0851; Catholic Charities, (970) 384-2060; Salvation Army, (970) 945-6976.
- LOANS & RELIEF PROGRAMS The Carbondale Chamber can help small businesses and self-employed people access loans and relief programs. www.carbondale.com/covid-19-update, (970) 963-1980.
- FREE STUDENT MEALS Roaring Fork Schools are providing free meals to students and their parents during the school closure. Pick up meals Monday to Friday at Crystal River Elementary School, 10-10:30 am.
- FAMILY SUPPORT RE-1 Family Resource Center provides support for families in the school district. (970) 384-9500, 8 am-4 pm. Stepping Stones is a youth mentoring program that provides services to families with children ages 10-21. 970-340-2100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- FREE STUDENT SCREENING Roaring Fork School Health Centers offers free screening for students who are exhibiting COVID-19 symptoms or have been exposed. Call ahead: (970) 384-6054.
- RESOURCES Valley Settlement offers a comprehensive list of resources and information: www.valleysettlement.org/coronavirus, (970) 963-0851.
- ADVOCACY SERVICES Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition – advocacy services and resources at www.coloradoimmigrant.org/covid19.
- LEGAL SERVICES Alpine Legal Services – Offering a full website in Spanish at www.alpineservicioslegales.org.
- HOTLINE Aspen to Parachute Coronavirus Hotline – seven days a week, 8 am-8 pm. (970) 429-6186 (English or Español). Call the hotline (or your doctor) if you’re experiencing COVID symptoms.
- ONLINE INFORMATION Garfield County’s website, www.garfield-county.com, provides links to information on COVID-19 health, testing and other topics.
Community Updates & Info
- CARBONDALE EMERGENCY TASK FORCE has a page on the town’s website and Facebook page. http://www.carbondalegov.org/government/emergency.
- CARBONDALE MUTUAL AID FACEBOOK GROUP is a hub of discussion.
- OTHER WEBSITES See the websites of the Sopris Sun, Glenwood Springs Post Independent and KDNK. Radio Tricolor and KQSE La Nueva Mix are good sources of information in Spanish.
In making this information available, the Town of Carbondale, Colorado, makes no representations, and accepts no responsibility or liability, as to the accuracy, completeness, content, reliability, or legality of this document.