The Town of Carbondale has established the Carbondale Emergency Task Force (CETF), a collective group of volunteer and organizational expertise from across the community that provides support and guidance to the town in key areas of the potential impact from the COVID-19 pandemic. As a public service, we’ve compiled this list of community resources which will be updated as needed. (This list was updated Dec. 4, 2020.)
(Note: Organizations may be very busy at this time. If no one answers your phone call, please leave only one message, and wait for a call back.)
- WARNING SIGNS If any of these serious COVID-19 symptoms exist, seek emergency medical care immediately: trouble breathing; persistent chest pain or pressure; new confusion; inability to wake or stay awake; bluish lips or face
- COVID TESTING Free COVID testing is now available at multiple sites in the Roaring Fork Valley including Carbondale Town Hall, 511 Colorado Ave. Hours are Mon-Fri 9 am-1 pm. An appointment must be made online.
- COVID RESOURCES Garfield County’s website provides reliable information on current local and national spread and statistics, updated safety precautions, tracking, testing, and other topics.
- UNEMPLOYMENT If you’ve been laid off from your job, file for benefits with the Colorado Department of Labor and Employment online; 800-388-5515.
- LOANS & RELIEF PROGRAMS The Carbondale Chamber can help small businesses and self-employed people access loans and relief programs. Website; (970) 963-1980.
- COVID SICK PAY Colorado Health Emergency Leave with Pay (HELP) ensures sick pay to certain front-line workers with flu-like symptoms who are being tested for coronavirus COVID-19. Info: (303) 318-8441.
- ECONOMIC ASSISTANCE Garfield County COVID Economic Assistance can help with food, housing, utility and expenses, and can advise on enrolling in other government programs. Website; (970) 945-9191.
- RENT RELIEF The State of Colorado has programs that provide financial aid to both tenants and landlords facing hardship caused by COVID-19. Online info.
- RENT & UTILITIES The Salvation Army can provide financial assistance in the form of direct payments to landlords and utility companies. COVID-19 Relief call center: (855) 768-7977 (English only). Local office: (970) 945-6976 (leave a voicemail, English and limited Spanish).
- UNDOCUMENTED WORKERS You may safely contact the following organizations for emergency assistance: Valley Settlement, (970) 963-0851; Catholic Charities, (970) 384-2060; Salvation Army, (970) 945-6976. The Manaus Emergency Fund/LaMedichi supports those who do not qualify for other programs: website, (970) 510-0411.
- VETERANS The Western Slope Veterans Coalition offers one-time assistance: (970) 233-8375.
- EVICTION & LEGAL HELP Alpine Legal Services provides free 15-minute “Ask a Lawyer” phone consultations on Wednesdays 5-7 pm – call (970) 368-2246. Vulnerable residents (crime victims, seniors, children) can access fuller assistance by calling (970) 945-8858. For landlord-tenant disputes caused by COVID-19, call (970) 230-3935 between 9-12 or 1-5, Monday-Friday, to be connected to a mediator.
- DOMESTIC/SEXUAL ABUSE Advocate Safe House Project is based in Glenwood Springs: (970) 945-2632. Response is an Aspen-based nonprofit: (970) 920-5357.
Food & Grocery Assistance
- FREE FOOD DISTRIBUTION Lift-Up’s food pantry at the Third Street Center distributes prepacked food bags Mondays at 2 pm. Check website for more details and other locations.
- GROCERY ASSISTANCE Carbondale City Market offers curbside pickup for groceries and has a drive-up pharmacy. Order online or by calling (970) 233-5205.
- FREE MEAL DELIVERY Valley Meals and More offers free volunteer delivery of groceries and takeout meals for seniors and others in need. Schedule by email or by calling (970) 404-1193.
- SENIOR LUNCHES Garfield County Senior Programs offers free packed lunches on Wednesdays at noon at the Orchard church, 110 Snowmass Drive (next to Crystal River Elementary school). Reservations must be made by noon on Monday by calling (970) 665-0041.
Support for Children & Families
- FREE STUDENT MEALS Roaring Fork Schools are providing free breakfasts and lunches to students throughout the 2020-21 school year. To request home delivery, call (970) 384-9500.
- FAMILY SUPPORT The Roaring Fork School District’s Family Resource Center connects families to community resources and provides case management – email or leave a message at (970) 384-9500. Stepping Stones offers support for youth and families with children under 21 – call (970) 340-2100 or email. Family Visitor Services provides programs for infants up to age 3, and can also help you apply for other forms of aid – (970) 945-1234.
Mental Health & Emotional Support
- SUPPORT HOTLINE Mind Springs Health has a mental health support line, Monday-Friday 8 am-5 pm. Website, (877) 519-7505.
- CRISIS HOTLINES The Hope Center has a 24-hour crisis hotline: (970) 925-5858. Statewide crisis and suicide hotline: (844) 493-8255.
- CARE CALLS Valley Meals and More volunteers do “care calls” to check on seniors and those isolated at home. You can call them at (970) 404-1193.
- WELLNESS CHECKS The Carbondale Police Department does wellness checks – call their non-emergency line, (970) 963-2662.
Deliveries & Errands
- FREE DELIVERIES Valley Meals and More – seniors may email or call their hotline at (970) 404-1193 to request free delivery of prescriptions, food and other necessities.
- RESOURCES Valley Settlement offers a comprehensive list of resources and information here; (970) 963-0851. Voces Unidas de las Montañas has a team of promotoras who provide one-on-one support and information to families affected by COVID – call (970) 340-8576.
- ADVOCACY SERVICES Colorado Immigrant Rights Coalition – advocacy services and resources here.
- LEGAL SERVICES Alpine Legal Services provides many free services and has a full website in Spanish.
In making this information available, the Town of Carbondale, Colorado, makes no representations, and accepts no responsibility or liability, as to the accuracy, completeness, content, reliability, or legality of this document.